Cornbread Competition Policies And Instructions
- Competitors receive cornmeal & flour from SunFlower/SunFlour and dairy products from Hiland Dairy.
- All competitors will be provided with a ten covered 10’x10’ space, including two 6’ x 30” tables for serving on both sides of the tent, plus one 6’ x 30” work table and two chairs. ACF will also provide access to hand washing stations, and restroom facilities. Competitors must provide all other equipment and supplies needed for their space and to participate in the competition. Very limited electricity is available. ACF will try to accommodate your needs but makes no guarantee.
- Competitors must have a minimum of four adult team members to assist throughout the competition.
- Competitors must provide a minimum of ten (12) 13” x 18” baking pans of cornbread to serve samples in 2 oz. tasting cups (the equivalent of a one-tablespoon serving) of cornbread for 3,000 people.
- You are welcome to provide an equivalent serving amount of a side item of his/her/their choice, such as beans, peas, greens, chili, etc. to complement your cornbread. (2 oz. serving cups provided).
- Voting and judging will run from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Voting and judging will end at 3:00 p.m. and winners will be announced at 3:30 p.m.
- While security officers will be available throughout the Festival, competitors are responsible for the security of all items and personnel in their booths. The Arkansas Cornbread Festival is NOT responsible for stolen or damaged property, accidents, or injury.
- This is a rain or shine event.
- Please keep a copy of these instructions.
Toward Zero Waste Requirements and Guidelines:
- No styrofoam or plastic water bottles are to be used or sold.
- Tell customers about water filling stations placed throughout festival.
- The Festival will provide paper sample/souffle cups, wooden taster spoons, and napkins.
- Set up a condiment station with bulk containers, instead of single-serve packets and seasoning.
- Break down cardboard boxes and deposit in recycling container.
- Smoking is prohibited inside the festival area.
Set-Up: 7:30-10:00 A.M.
- Competitors should arrive for set up no earlier than 7:30 A.M.
- Set-up must be complete and all vehicles removed by 9:30 A.M.
- Competitors need to unload and remove their vehicle from the area as soon as possible. Parking is not allowed in the E-Z Mart parking lot.
- All competitors must set up in their assigned tented space – no where else.
Tear-Down: 4:00-6:00 P.M.
- Competitor vehicles will not be permitted in the competition area to tear down until 4:00 PM. Early teardown is NOT permitted.
- Competitors are responsible for disposing of all trash in the nearest trash receptacle and cleaning up their booth space, including table and chairs provided by the Festival. We ask that you leave your assigned area in the same or better condition than when you arrived for set-up.
For additional information, contact email@example.com.