THE COMPETITION IS ON!
Cornbread lovers, get your teams together and work on your favorite cornbread recipe! Whether you are a seasoned professional chef or a home cook with a great recipe, become a competitor in the 2019 Arkansas Cornbread Festival! There are cash prizes in both the amateur and professional categories: $1,000 first prize; $500 second prize; $250 best side.
Do you think you have the money winner? We always look forward to seeing what the community whips up. Please read the following information and fill out the form below (noting if you are a professional or amateur) to sign up for this year’s competition. It all happens at the Arkansas Cornbread Festival in SoMa, the S. Main Street area in Little Rock on Oct. 26, 2019.
SUBMISSION: Your spot in the competition is not guaranteed until this form and payment are received by the Cornbread Committee. The deadline to submit the form and payment is Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Once application and payment is received you will be sent additional instructions and information about setting up, team size, etc.
- Only fully complete applications with the correct fee enclosed will be accepted.
- All competitors are subject to approval by the Arkansas Cornbread Festival.
- A confirmation email will be sent to each competitor once competitors have been accepted.
OTHER INFORMATION: Arkansas Cornbread Festival (ACF) will be Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on South Main Street (SoMa) in Little Rock between 13th and 17th Streets. During the Festival, competitors in the amateur and professional categories serve bite-sized samples of cornbread to the public who have purchased tasting tickets and to a panel of celebrity judges.
The public will vote on their favorites in both the amateur and professional categories. The winners of the popular vote for each category will receive prize money. A panel of celebrity judges will award blue ribbons to their top picks in each category.
Competitor will provide:
- $75 early application fee (application and fee to be postmarked by Oct. 5, 2019). Any applications received after this date will be reviewed based on availability and at the regular rate of $100.
- There are a limited number of competitors accepted.
- Minimum of ten (12) 13” x 18” pans of cornbread, that during the competition will be divided into the equivalent of a 2 oz. tasting cup of cornbread to serve 3,000 people (tasting cups will be provided).
- (optional) Competitors are welcome to provide an equivalent serving amount of a side item of his/her/their choice, such as beans, peas, greens, chili, etc. to complement their cornbread offering, which will be entered into the side dish competition. (tasting cups will be provided).
- Provide enough team members (5-6 is recommended) to serve on both sides of the tent; serving lines run on both sides.
Competitor will receive:
- one 10’ x 10’ tent to cover their 10’ x 10’ space
- two 6’x30″ tables for serving and one 6’ x 30” work table, along with two chairs
- tasting supplies provided: spoons, 2 oz. tasting cups, napkins
- access to hand washing stations and restroom facilities
- social media promotion of your team
For information, contact Liz Ellis, Competition Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.